I feel like a sell out when I love something so commercial. That’s what “problematic favorite” means – but this blog is called the Basic White Girl for a reason! I LOVE Bath & Body Works candles (by White Barn Co.)… plenty of time and money has been sunk into changing this but I have to accept myself for what I am: 3-wick candle hoarding basic white girl that waits for the Semi-Annual sales like little kids wait for Christmas.
I’ve spent SO MUCH MONEY on Etsy searching for a candle that could deliver. Sometimes, I still peruse the candles there and the reviews – and if you’re reading this and want to try to convert me I am SO WILLING. Please help!!!
Here’s the what the fuck of it all:
- They have my favorite scents of all time ever. Peach Bellini is just delightful. Currently, it being September, I have an Autumn Woods going full force.
- They fit with my home’s aesthetic – trendy and pretty. Plus, there are MANY uses for your empty candles – just search “reuse Bath and Body Works candle” for a plethora of ideas.
- 40 hours of burn time doesn’t seem like much. But you don’t NEED much – my little home is about 800 square feet on the first floor, same on the second floor. One 3-wick candle (YES JUST ONE OMG)… fills the entire place with the hint of Fall. Or the beach. Or fresh laundry.
- Dog owners rejoice: this candle is effective enough to cover up the dog related antics of my pug & my boston terrier.
- Don’t pay full price for these – wait for a sale! Right now, there’s a pancake scent on sale for $10. (I can’t indulge there, I hate food-smelling candles… people might begin to think I actually cook. Can’t have that now can we?!) I stocked up on Peach Bellini 3-wicks a few months ago when they came around for $12.95 each. No matter who you’re comparing to – Yankee Candle, jewelry candles, Etsy candles – for 14.5 ounces that’s a good deal.
- Whew finally something negative: the “high intensity” candle is no different from the original. Either that or my house just has a max level of smelling amazing and just can’t handle any more.